6/01/2008

Dick Gregory on good health

I was trolling YouTube yesterday and found this vintage film of legendary comedian Dick Gregory talking about the benefits of water and good nutrition in general.



From Wikipedia:

In recent years, Gregory has been a figure in the health food industry, becoming better known as a nutrition guru during the 1980s, advocating for a raw fruit and vegetable diet. Gregory first became a vegetarian in the 1960s, and has lost a considerable amount of weight by going on extreme fasts, some lasting upwards of 50 days. He developed a diet drink called "Bahamian Diet Nutritional Drink" and went on TV shows advocating for his diet and to help the morbidly obese. He is probably best remembered for his attempts, chronicled in the media on daytime talk shows in early 1988, at helping 1,200 pound (540 kg) Long Island man Walter Hudson drop nearly 600 pounds (270 kg) in only a few months on a liquid diet. Mr. Hudson shortly gained the weight back and later died from complications from his extreme obesity. Nonetheless, Gregory claims his diet has kept him in good health and continues to advocate for a natural diet lifestyle.


Wow, Dick Gregory was doing the health watch back before it was fashionable. At 75 years old, he is still going strong. Big ups to him!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Sunday, May 23, 2010 9:09:00 PM, Anonymous sylvia pettiford said...

I used the Dick Gregory Bohemiam Diet Drink a long time ago and achieved great success using it..I had lost the weight I wanted and found it very satisfying. I am now 44 years old and am in desperate need of loosing over 100 pounds. No other diet plan I try or any diet food I eat gave or gives me the results I got from using Dick Gregory shakes when I was younger. They kept me full, helped me to loose the weight and keep it off back then when I was in my twenties to thirties. I been looking for the product ever since and I would like to know where I can go to purchase it. I am desperately seeking the shake product so that I can accomplish a good weight loss plan and get my weight under control. I feel that only this product will help me as it did before. Please help!

Thank You
Desperately in Need....Sylvia Pettiford
Reply to my email: hell_2tha_no@yahoo.com

 
At Tuesday, February 04, 2014 9:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will always Love Dick Gregory. I am so grateful for what he taught me about loving and taking care of my body. Dick Gregory's book "Natural Diet for Folks Who Eat: Cookin' With Mother Nature" is a MUST READ for anybody who loves his/her life. I learned to fast and take years off my life. Even now at 67 I drink the juice of six oranges, two grapefruits, and 2 lemons everyday, live the fruitarian life and drink plenty of spring water. It works! Thank God for Bro Dick Gregory!!!!
Yvonne Parham "A fan since 1977."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home