4/16/2010

Spring into Books 2010


Spring is here again!

It's time to think positively about the nice aspects of spring - warmer weather, flowers blooming (like the ones above from my yard last year), more jogging in the park and best of all, great, new and not so new books to read outdoors.

Here are some books I hope to read in the new season:

The Long Song: A Novel by Andrea Levy

It's Our Turn to Eat: The Story of a Kenyan Whistle-Blower
by Michela Wrong

Diet for a Hot Planet: The Climate Crisis at the End of Your Fork and What You Can Do about It
by Anne Lappe

Fiesta: The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemmingway

A Man of the People by Chinua Achebe

Black Power: Three Books from Exile: Black Power; The Color Curtain; and White Man, Listen! by Richard Wright

What books are you reading?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Saturday, April 17, 2010 7:03:00 PM, Anonymous Lion of Judah said...

Raj Patel's new book is really good

 
At Sunday, April 18, 2010 5:32:00 PM, Anonymous Shawn in Essex said...

Ms Levy's Small Island is rather good, but I didn't care for Fruit of the llemon. I like rereading the classics myself because I don't generally like anything contemporary. I read Brothers Karamazov - a book I haven't read since I was in university, and was delighted

 

Post a Comment

<< Home