1/03/2010

New Year, New (ish) Books


So, I'm not a big fan of new year's resolutions, but I do figure that now is a good time to get cracking on some new and not so new books I have been putting off.

Here is my reading list so far.

The Value of Nothing: How to Reshape Market Society and Redefine Democracy by Raj Patel

Something to Tell You: A Novel by Hanif Kureishi

The Black Album by Hanif Kureishi (For old time's sake!)

Changing My Mind: Occasional Essays by Zadie Smith

Rasta and Resistance: From Marcus Garvey to Walter Rodney by Horace Campbell (really for old time's sake!!)

The Conversation: How Black Men and Women Can Build Loving, Trusting Relationships
by Hill Harper (I know, out of left field, right? After interviewing him recently, I thought I would check the book out.)

In addition, I hope to not only follow Michael Pollan's Food Rules, but also make the attempt to cook all (or most) of the recipes in Bryant Terry's Vegan Soul Kitchen this year!

Yay for me! What are your reading?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home