7/07/2010

Shh...Reading in Progress: Summer Edition


As usual, here is my quarterly reading list. This time, I'm going old school with all the "recyclables."

Infidel: My Life by Ayaan Hirsi Ali

The Botany of Desire: A Plant's-Eye View of the World by Michael Pollan

Every Light in the House Burnin' by Andrea Levy

Assata: An Autobiography by Assata Shakur and Angela Davis

The Hungered One by Ed Bullins

The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency, The Good Husband of Zebra Drive and The Miracle at Speedy Motors by Alexander McCall Smith

Black Power: Three Books from Exile: Black Power; The Color Curtain; and White Man, Listen! by Richard Wright

I am sure the list will grow after attending the Harlem Book Fair next week.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, July 07, 2010 7:31:00 PM, Anonymous mara said...

yeah, I'm sticking with the classics this summer too. I am reading autobiography of an ex colored man. never read it before, but I hear its good

 
At Friday, July 09, 2010 7:34:00 PM, Anonymous Winston Raines said...

Talia - I'm reading Hanif Kureishi's Intimacy like you recommended a while back to me. not as good as Buddha of suburbia, but a good read indeed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home