12/11/2007

Radical Music Videos: Brand Nubian

I am introducing a new feature on this blog. Some of you have complained about me being "too serious" on this blog. "You need to lighten up!" said one 'particular' person. "You're too angry." Well, it is hard not be angry living under the Bush Regime, the surge of neocolonialism and imperialism worldwide, hangman nooses popping up everywhere, corporations taking over every aspect of society, living on the brink of World War III with Iran...but I digress.

So, as a way to appease my readers while keeping with the mission of this blog, I present to you the first installment of Radical Music Videos. Since discovering the magnificent world of Youtube, I have been able to enjoy music videos, both past and present, that not only make me want to dance, but also inspire and educate at the same time. Over the next few weeks, especially during Christmas week, I will post music videos by artists who are both revolutionary and entertaining.

I was trolling Youtube yesterday, I came across this oldie-but-goodie by one of the originals of alternative hip hop - Brand Nubian. Sure, Brand Nubian has been written off as being "off the reservation" with their Five Percenter rhetoric and alleged homophobia, but this is a great video that reminds us of a time when hip hop was real and corportate free.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home