2/11/2008

The Wire 56: Reminicing....


No media watch from this week’s episode of any real note. But I do want to use this opportunity to tell you why I just love this show. The fourth season is my favorite because it really gets into how a drug dealer becomes who they are with the introduction of the four teenagers. I felt like I personally knew these young “hoppers” because I have had to interview kids like them in the past. It only makes you think why isn’t more done to deal with the war on drugs in our schools.

Also, it seems amazing to me that as great as this show is, it has yet to win any of the great awards from the Emmys and Golden Globes. Since this is the last season of the show, I want to hope that the folks running these awards show are paying attention this show now.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home